Subject: Re: [tm-pubsubj] Subject Indicator and Subject Indicator Referenc e(again)

* Scott Tsao

| I have some difficulties understanding the exact meaning of those
| terms covered in the glossary section of the current recommendation

I was expecting that people would, which was why I proposed that I
write up an explanation of them. I'll wait for Bernard to say he likes
the idea before doing so, however.

| [...] I would suggest that we look at RDDL's use of URIs for Common
| Natures of Resources (http://www.openhealth.org/RDDL/natures/) and
| URIs for Commonly Defined Link Purposes
| (http://www.openhealth.org/RDDL/purposes/)

Hmmm. It may be that we should at least work out the relationship of
our terms to those of RDDL.

| 2) I think there are relationships (or associations) among those
| glossary terms.  Can we put together a set of statements to
| charaterize these relationships?  (a diagram could also help)

That's what the explanation would do (as I'm thinking).

| By the way, I recall that Michel/Steve had a notion of "subject
| constitutor" vs. "subject indicator",

Actually, this is in XTM 1.0, it's just not given that name there.
A subject constitutor is basically a resource somewhere that someone
has defined a topic for. The resource then constitutes the subject of
that topic.

| and am wondering if TMPubSubj TC is only interested in "subject
| indicator".

That's correct. There's no need to standardize published subjects for
resources, as we all agree on what their addresses are anyway. If you
and I want to talk about the HTML version of the XML recommendation at
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml we just do so, and we'll both know what
URI to use.

So there's no need for published subjects for this.

--Lars M.