Subject: Re: [tm-pubsubj] January 29 co-call - cost and optimization.

* Bernard Vatant

| 1. Organization and efficiency.
|
| I've never participated in - not to speak about coordinating - calls
| with so many people.  Has somebody some experience of that and
| tips/suggestions to make it as efficient as can be ?

I think we need a clear and strict agenda, an active chair, and
restraint on the part of all participants. Meeting time is an
expensive resource and anyone speaking should be aware that they are
using of it.

When I say 'agenda', BTW, I mean more that we should know what we want
to *achieve* with the concall than that we should have a list of
issues to discuss. Let's figure out what issues would benefit the most
from being discussed by phone and concentrate on those.

| In Montréal, we had talked about distributing the cost on
| alternatively Mondeca - Empolis - Ontopia, which has not be done so
| far ... But I suppose Empolis will sponsor XMLVoc TC and Ontopia
| will sponsor GeoLang TC, so ...

That seems reasonable to me.

| Meanwhile, to avoid unnecessary costs:
|
| 2. Maybe we could cut the call time by half an hour? My experience
| of the previous calls is that people are hardly productive after one
| hour and a half ...

Why not rather be strict about our use of time and stop as soon as we
are deviating from the very important to the merely important? Time is
precious in any case...

--Lars M.