Subject: Re: [tm-pubsubj] teleconferences, Committee Plans, etc.

* Steve Pepper

| 1. Fresh start, clean slate, new chair, all that.

Well, no clean slate, I think. The TC would have to start by
continuing with PubSubj deliverable #2.

| 2. Less admin with just one committee (especially given the degree
|    of overlap we had in membership).

That's one argument, and admittedly it does carry some weight.

| 3. Opportunity to change the name and become less Topic Maps-centric.
|    Suggest calling it "OASIS Published Subjects TC" and going after
|    representation from the RDF community.

I guess.

For me the summary looks something like this.

Reasons to disband existing TCs and create new:

 - somewhat reduced administrative overhead
 - can change name to something less TM-specific

Reasons not to disband existing TCs:

 - nothing seriously wrong with existing process
 - OASIS may not like our workaround for the perceived "problem"
 - may well confuse the public
 - means delay while we get a new TC off the ground
 - does not give a very positive impression
 - new TC will have to pick up where the old ones left off: messy

Personally I favour the "just keep going"-option.