Subject: [xtm-wg] ASIS SIG/CR | Protege-2000 | KOxTM application | TM co-ordinates

dear colleagues in topic map land,

thanks for the RDF enlightment.
this time i want to share the following TM-related bits with you:

1. topic map research: @ 11th ASIS SIC CR research workshop 2000-11-12?
2. coupling protege2000 with topic maps (question)
3. KOxTM methodology, early example of: scholarly study on context
   in art & science (in German)
4. TM co-ordinates

1. topic map research: @ 11th ASIS SIC CR research workshop 2000-11-12?
to those interested in topic maps research from a knowledge organization
perspective: this provides an excellent opportunity to discuss and learn!
i am thinking about contributing (especially since i know most of the
people involved there), but have not decided yet.

the special interest group (SIG) on Classification Research (CR) of the
ASIS (American Society for Information Science and Technology)
  http://www.asis.org/
is going to hold its 11th research seminar on sunday 2000-11-12 in
chicago, IL, just before the ASIS annual meeting (13-16th of nov.) there,
and in my opinion, topic maps would fit into the workshop.

for the call with the topics see:
  http://uma.info-science.uiowa.edu/sigcr/call.html

regular workshop contribution deadline is over, but "idea mart" slots
are still open. deadline has been extended to 2000-08-01.

-