Subject: [xtm-wg] XTM-UCS: XML Fragment and collated current responses

Bryan,

I have pasted below a suggested XML fragment to capture the responses to our
survey. How does everyone feel about including it with the survey so people can
fill it out with their responses? I was thinking that we could add an attribute
as part of the UCS work on <Case> to indicate our classification of the
suggestion according to some agreed upon typology.

Using the XML fragment would allow us to simply paste the responses into the
master survey results and we could easily produce weekly (every 2 weeks?) HTML
pages for posting to the XTM site for review. It would also make generation of a
collated list by "type" a mechanical process.

Since I have collated only 3 responses below in the suggested master survey
results this may seem like overkill but as the results grow I think we will come
to appreciate the use of XML for this purpose.

This will allow us to propose a collated format for Ann's generous offer of
review and to deliver her a file that she can manipulate in other ways if she
would find that helpful.

BTW, I would suggest that we request that respondents simply type their answers
in the fragment and not to edit it with some other tool for attachment. My email
client tries to be helpful and eats markup in attached documents. :-(

Thoughts, comments?

Patrick

--
Patrick Durusau
Director of Research and Development

***Suggested XML Fragment for Survey Responses***

<USC_Response>
 <Use_Case>
  <Case Application="Y"></Case>
  <Case Application="Y"></Case>
  <Case Application="Y"></Case>
 <Use_Case>
 <Use_Market>
  <Market></Market>
  <Market></Market>
  <Market></Market>
 <Use_Market>
 <Use_Detail>
  <Contrib_UseCase>Yes/No</Contrib_UseCase>
  <Subject_UseCase></Subject_UseCase>
 <Use_Detail>
 <XTM_Status>
  <XTM_Member>Yes/No</XTM_Member>
  <XTM_Type></XTM_Type>
 <XTM_Status>
 <Contact_Info>
  <Name></Name>
  <Company></Company>
  <Email></Email>
 <Contact_Info>
</USC_Response>

***end fragment***

***Collated UCS Survey Results: As of 2000-08-27 Noon, East coast US time***

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>
<USC_Survey1>
<USC_Response Date="2000-08-23">
 <Use_Case>
  <Case Application="Y">Inside SVG XML structures use XTM to house
metadata</Case>
  <Case Application="Y">Inside XML data structures use XTM house metadata
insurance vertical</Case>
  <Case Application="Y">use XTM as a linguafranca to exchange knowledge between
knowledge systems</Case>
 <Use_Case>
 <Use_Market>
  <Market>graphics on the web</Market>
  <Market>intranet graphics</Market>
  <Market>XML based vertical markets (insurance,finance)</Market>
 <Use_Market>
 <Use_Detail>
  <Contrib_UseCase>Yes</Contrib_UseCase>
  <Subject_UseCase>Inside SVG XML structures use XTM to house
metadata</Subject_UseCase>
 <Use_Detail>
 <XTM_Status>
  <XTM_Member>Yes</XTM_Member>
  <XTM_Type>Founding</XTM_Type>
 <XTM_Status>
 <Contact_Info>
  <Name>David Dodds</Name>
  <Company>Lexica LLC</Company>
  <Email>ddodds@lexica.net</Email>
 <Contact_Info>
</USC_Response>
<USC_Response Date="2000-08-24">
 <Use_Case>
  <Case Application="Y">management of diverse content delivery in web
applications</Case>
  <Case Application="Y">defining content hyperlinking</Case>
  <Case Application="Y">indexing electronic media</Case>
  <Case Application="N">serialized representation of complex program structures
(with documentation) including persistence of state (or states)</Case>
 <Use_Case>
 <Use_Market>
  <Market>online multimedia publishing</Market>
  <Market>programming/ the active Web</Market>
 <Use_Market>
 <Use_Detail>
  <Contrib_UseCase>No</Contrib_UseCase>
  <Subject_UseCase></Subject_UseCase>
 <Use_Detail>
 <XTM_Status>
  <XTM_Member>Yes</XTM_Member>
  <XTM_Type>Founding</XTM_Type>
 <XTM_Status>
 <Contact_Info>
  <Name>Peter Jones</Name>
  <Company>Wrox Press</Company>
  <Email>peterj@wrox.com</Email>
 <Contact_Info>
</USC_Response>
<USC_Response Date="2000-08-25">
 <Use_Case>
  <Case Application="Y">Portal link navigation modeling</Case>
  <Case Application="Y">Portal query of structured knowledge resources</Case>
  <Case Application="Y">Interchange between Knowledge Management Systems</Case>
 <Use_Case>
 <Use_Market>
  <Market>Government Portal</Market>
  <Market>Business Portal</Market>
  <Market>Financial and Market Research</Market>
 <Use_Market>
 <Use_Detail>
  <Contrib_UseCase>No</Contrib_UseCase>
  <Subject_UseCase></Subject_UseCase>
 <Use_Detail>
 <XTM_Status>
  <XTM_Member>No</XTM_Member>
  <XTM_Type></XTM_Type>
 <XTM_Status>
 <Contact_Info>
  <Name>Guy Lukes</Name>
  <Company>Federal Reserve Board</Company>
  <Email>guy.a.lukes@frb.gov</Email>
 <Contact_Info>
</USC_Response>
</USC_Survey1>

***end collation of survey***

The Five Secrets Of A Successful Product Launch
FREE right now at: