Subject: [xtm-wg] Best forum for ideas like these?

Free @Backup service!  Click here for your free trial of @Backup.
@Backup is the most convenient way to securely protect and access
your files online.  Try it now and receive 300 MyPoints.

Hi,

There seem to be several ideas in circulation on this
list that aren't being actively followed up on, perhaps
because they aren't the current focus of xtm-wg.

I'd like to pursue some of these ideas, but I am not
sure this list is the appropriate forum. Maybe the
topicmapmail list is a better place to discuss these
issues?

I have collected a sample of them below, and I think
they all seem to fall under, loosely speaking, the topic
of "discussion of fundamental issues in the ISO 13250 model
and possible changes to this standard."  Some of these
considerations seem to be related to the "parallel
tracks; one model, two perspectives" discussions, but
they would probably take those discussions far afield from
XTM per se.  It seems that the xtm-wg is plenty busy
right now working on XTM.

I'd appreciate your opinions on where the kinds of ideas
represented below might best be discussed at length.

Thanks,

Jim

FROM ...
Geir Ove Grønmo
http://www.gca.org/papers/xmleurope2000/papers/s29-02.html#N67308

Let's hope that the topic map community is able to come together
to agree upon a language for defining constraints. Without it
we would end up with a lot of different and incompatible languages.
That would be very unfortunate and probably limit the
interchangeability
of topic maps.