Subject: RE: [xtm-wg] Re: XTM-ISS Important XLink difference in DTDs

This is an excellent categorization, based on practical experience. We'll
have to see whether there is a general concern, or if the consensus is that
this kind of detail is beyond the scope of what Topic Maps are intended to
provide. I find myself leaning in the latter direction at the moment; we may
need a separate spec to follow XTM to handle more specialized requirements.

<aside>I have learned a lot reading the posts on this forum--about ontology,
metadata and knowledge management, among other important topics. I have
especially enjoyed being introduced to situation theory by Ann Wrightson's
comments; and also Andrius' work on sequences, hierarchies, and networks,
which has influenced the papers I will be giving at XML Devcon Fall 2000 and
XML 2000. Thanks to all for the many insights being shared freely
here.</aside>

==================================
Dale Hunscher, CEO and Principal Consultant
South Wind Design, Inc. - http://www.swdi.com
A Connectex Consulting Partner - http://www.connectex.com
Publishing Systems and Document Management Solutions
1 (734) 821-0036 voice
1 (734) 821-0037 fax
1 (734) 678-5178 cel
Come hear my talks at