Subject: Re: [xtm-wg] New file uploaded to xtm-wg

[Daniel writes]
> > You should not use any fixed prefix followed by a colon. Things
> > followed by colons should only be namespace prefixes (see XML 1.0
> > specification)

That is, the Second Edition. From the Errata: "The "Namespaces in XML"
Recommendation [NAMESPACES] assigns a meaning to names containing colon
characters. Therefore authors should not use the colon in XML names
except for namespace purposes, but XML processors must accept the colon
as a name character."

(Oddly, however, the reference to the namespaces spec in the Errata is
not normative. Wonder how that chimes with the use of "should" above,
eh?

[Murray]
> *not* prefixed. I don't think we really need XML namespaces (and the
> confusion they engender) that badly. A very unproven idea, IMO.

I really really really want to avoid any namespace discussion...

So my -$0.02 is, I'm of two minds. (1) I agree with Murray that
namespaces are confusing, but also feel (2) that it might be a good
thing to stake out, as it were, the real estate. No matter that the
"xtm" prefix is arbitrary, and the URI is truly important, etc., as
soon as software is in place that does processing based on the prefix,
the URI has less meaning.

S.

S.

=====
<? "To imagine a language is to imagine a form of life."
    -- Ludwig Wittgenstein, Philosophical Investigations ?>

http://photos.yahoo.com/

Restaurants, Movies, Weather, Traffic & More!
Call 1-800-555-TELL.  For more info visit: