Subject: Re: [xtm-wg] URNs out of the bag already. [Was: Merging proposals uploaded]

> Interestingly enough, the invalid MS Word-generated "HTML" that Kal
> uploaded provided a clue on how the World's Largest Software Vendor
> is already using URNs:

>          xmlns:o="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office"
>          xmlns:w="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word"
>          xmlns="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40">
>    <head>

Yes, Microsoft has not been assigned the URN NIDs (namespace IDs) that it uses,
at least not to the best of my knowledge.  However, while the process of
getting an NID is not as straightforward as getting a domain name, I don't
think it should be seen as impossible, or not worth pursuing.

I believe there is a move to have OASIS apply for an NID, which could then be
used to create URNs for any number of projects.  That might be something to
consider & keep an eye on, since some of the XTM group are also involved in
OASIS.

	Cheers,
		Tony.
========