Subject: [xtm-wg] ANNOUNCE: update of XTM 0.9 DTD and 0.9 specification

Everyone,

I've been churning as fast as possible through this stuff, and have posted
what I've got online. The XTM web page at

   http://www.doctypes.org/xtm/home.html

now has a link in the 'bibliography' section to the XTM 0.9 specification
at

   http://www.doctypes.org/xtm/1.0/index.html
   http://www.doctypes.org/xtm/1.0/xtm09-20001114.html  (same thing)

I've posted the DTDs, prototype 'archetypal' topic map, language and
country topic maps, and entity files for country and language to allow
a shorthand for authors. Et cetera.

NOTE: I've written up a temporary annex with suggestions for how to
provide feedback on the spec. Failure to follow the guidelines (except
when simply pointing out spelling errors) will result in a handslap.
I probably could get overwhelmed very quickly at this point, so it'd
be much appreciated if *submissions* come in this form:

  http://www.doctypes.org/xtm/1.0/xtm09-20001114.html#guidelines

I've not yet put in section numbers, and won't until the structure
settles down a bit.

Everyone join in and do what you've committed to doing. There's a million
things left to do, little time, but we're moving fast...

Murray

Murray Altheim, SGML/XML Grease Monkey     <mailto:altheim&#64;eng.sun.com>
XML Technology Center
Sun Microsystems, 1601 Willow Rd., MS UMPK17-102, Menlo Park, CA 94025

      In the evening
      The rice leaves in the garden
      Rustle in the autumn wind
      That blows through my reed hut.  -- Minamoto no Tsunenobu