Subject: Re: [xtm-wg] Correction to the minutes for Swindon

[Sam Hunting:]
> The Swindon minutes read:
>
>     However, the Spec will specify a
>     specific URI that invoked the topicmaps.org domain name
>     to be used to specify the XTM DTD as the namespace; we
>
> This should read:
>
>     However, the spec will specify the XTM namespace
>     using a URI that contains the topicmaps.org domain
>     name. The URI, were it to be dereferenced, would present
>     the text of the XTM specification.
>
> This is so because:
>
> (1) namespace URIs are simply uniquifying strings, they
>     need not "invoke" anything, at least in Namespaces 1.0,
>     and
>
> (2) we agreed to point to the text of the spec, not the DTD.
>
>     Point (2) is appropriate because, at least in
>     Namespaces 1.0, namespace declaration and validation
>     are orthogonal.

This change was approved at the Dallas meeting, and, otherwise,
the minutes of the Swindon meeting were approved.

Murray, in your copious spare time, would you mind fixing the online
version of the minutes in accordance with the above, and changing them
from "Draft" to "Approved"?  Thanks.

-Steve

--
Steven R. Newcomb, Consultant