Subject: RE: [xtm-wg] topicRef to reference assocs as well as topics

> I would sugest we change the text to say that a topicRef resolves to
> topic OR association element.

This seems to suggest that all aspects of the conceptual model must be
reflected in the syntax. That is not so. The processing model mediates
between them.

>From the perspective of the desperate topic map hacker, and from a
pedagocial perspective, having a <topicRef> element that points to a
<topic> makes life a lot easier.

S.

=====
<!-- "To imagine a language is to imagine a form of life."
     - Ludwig Wittgenstein, Philosophical Investigations -->

http://shopping.yahoo.com/

eLerts