Subject: RE: [xtm-wg] Nomination for a new AG member -- Bernard Vatant

I second, and vote in favour

Daniel

-----Original Message-----
From: Jack Park [mailto:jackpark@verticalnet.com]
Sent: 12 December 2000 16:57
To: xtm-wg@egroups.com

I wish to take this opportunity to nominate Bernard Vatant for membership in
the AG.  Bernard brings to this group strong interest and knowledge related
to Topic Maps.  Indeed, he is involved in web projects that will ultimately
showcase TM technology.

As it turns out, Jean Delahousse suggested that he ask for a nomination, and
I have taken the initiative to do that (sorry Jean, I bet you were about to
do that yourself). I now quote from Bernard's email to me his statements
regarding the strength of his interest in XTM.

>Anyway, it seems that some of the reflexions I've brought are considered
>useful at least by Jean and you, and maybe some others. So, considering I
>am to apply for good, I suppose I should stress the following points :
>
>A long-ago concern and action in "pedagogy of concepts", both in maths and
>in history of sciences.
>A will and supposed capacity to build pedagogic communication tools for the
>promotion of the spec, based on the above background (I'm working on it at
>the moment)
>A conviction, that I think you share, that the XTM is bound to become a
>pervasive tool in knowledge representation and building, not only for Web
>applications but for teachers and students, and my will to work in this
>direction.
>A hunch that there is still much room for conceptual reflexion and
>clarification, even if the core of the spec is delivered, e.g. the status
>of AssociationsSubjects, and statements about these subjects.
>My persisting concern, even if it's somehow on standby these days, about
>contributive Web projects, and the way to use XTM tools for that matter.

I therefore officially offer this nomination.  I look forward to a second
and sufficient votes, preferably without the use of punched cards :-)  Since
I am not much of a parliamentarian, I'll just volunteer to count the votes
if that's appropriate.  Someone else will have to decide what constitutes a
winning count.

Jack Park

This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee(s) and may
contain information that is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL. If you are not
the intended recipient, dissemination of this communication is prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please erase all copies
of the message and its attachments and notify postmaster@verticalnet.com
immediately.

eLerts