Subject: RE: [xtm-wg] association : Type, Subject, Id, Reference

[daniel writes]
> I have things to say on this. It is my belief that the DTD requires
> some enhancements to allow associations and association templates to
> be properly handled.

(1) Since it is the DTD together with the Processing Model that
together deliver value to the user, please check the combination of the
two, not the DTD alone.

(2) Daniel: (a) I take it that such "enhancements" will not impact core
as defined in the conformance clause? (b) Is there a proposal for a
date to complete discussion of these "enhancements"?

<rant degree-of-irritation="mild">
I do have to say, that to my simple mind, this whole association
template mishagoss is extremely confusing.... In Dallas (I seem to
recall, though there was no resolution to this effect) that association
templates would require no new syntax. Then <roleSpec> appeared, and
that was to be the single syntactic change required. Now we have more
changes, which are also to be the last.

If these "enhancements" are just optimizations of some kind, it makes
sense to me to stick with what (say, with PSI syntax) we've got rather
than go through yet another round of changes on this.

Daniel, I'm sure you're too young to remember this :-), but this whole
association template thing is starting to remind me of the VietNam war
-- there was always "light at the end of the tunnel", if only we would
commit another few 1000 troops...
</rant>

S.

=====
<!-- "To imagine a language is to imagine a form of life."
     - Ludwig Wittgenstein, Philosophical Investigations -->

http://shopping.yahoo.com/

eGroups eLerts