Subject: [xtm-wg] Candidature : respecting the rules

I know I can't be judge and party, but let me clear my position about that
candidature.

I agree *completely* with Sam's caution, and I don't take it as coming from
a "rabat-joie".
A group has to respect the rules it has set, and particularly when its
growth is concerned.

Jack maybe somehow got a little carried away, and though I appreciate his
enthousiasm at the perspective of welcome me in the WG, I should sue him
anyway for having made a public use of a private mail, and he has to feel
happy there is a shortage of lawyers at the moment in France, due to
various strikes :o)

Seriously : my own opinion is Jack's proposition is premature, the
procedure has to follow its due course, both from technical and human
viewpoints. The rule to have been participating to at least two F2F as an
invited guest before being a candidate to be a PM  seems to me a good and
common sense one, and should be applied in any case. So the only
sustainable proposition is my participation to next F2F in Paris as an
invited guest.

Bernard

eLerts