Subject: RE: [xtm-wg] Proposal for Chris Angus to be Invited Guest to XTM Authoring Gro up

[Daniel Rivers-Moore:]

>The problem (as I see it) with what happened between Dallas and
> Washington,
> was that at Dallas we delegated certain people to take responsibility for
> the syntax part of the spec, and others to take responsibility for the
> conceptual model part of the spec, but we delegated nobody to be
> responsible
> to ensure that harmonisation continued to exist between the two.

This is the role of the editors of the spec, i.e. Steve Newcomb and me.
We have played this role and continue to play it. The harmonization is our
major item of work for the current days and days to come.

The very reason why we had to take the decision not to publish the full spec
on Dec. 4 is precisely that there was not enough time materially
available to achieve this task, despite the considerable effort devoted
by the editorial team. We are now heading for publication of the full spec
after
discussing it during the coming weeks, so that everything gets finalized in
Paris.

Michel
Michel Biezunski, InfoLoom
Tel +33 1 44 59 84 29 Cell +33 6 03 99 25 29
Email: mb@infoloom.com  Web: www.infoloom.com

eLerts