Subject: RE: [xtm-wg] Proposal for Chris Angus to be Invited Guest to XTM Authoring Gro up

[daniel]
> We must understand the issues and make decisions based on those
> issues rather than on political considerations or time deadlines.

I see meeting deadlines for deliverables as absolutely essential to
promoting the topic map paradigm, which is our mission. Fortunately,
the AG directed, in Dallas, that there be a set of core deliverables,
and a deadline.

The benefits for making our December deadline (well, with an
unfortunate one-day slip) are already beginning to be visible, in terms
of media coverage, implementations, mention by TBL, forthcoming
publications, funding, etc. In other words, the AG is making a market,
which is what successful specifications do. I am extremely reluctant to
characterize these market-making benefits as "political
considerations".

So, non-delivery, or late delivery, becomes an "issue."

As I keep saying, life is full of compromises.

S.

=====
<!-- "To imagine a language is to imagine a form of life."
     - Ludwig Wittgenstein, Philosophical Investigations -->

http://shopping.yahoo.com/

eLerts