Subject: Re: [xtm-wg] Proposal to invite Laurent as a guest in XTM

[David Holliday]

> In my spare time I build Origame Tesseracts ;)

Great... Process issues should be easy after that ....

[David Holliday]
> My true situation is that I've *no time* at all to spend on anything
> other than the core subject.  (I'm sure that's true for many of us in
> industry and commerce.)

Well, we've chosen to conduct our work "in the sunshine" (as Murray
Altheim put it on the site somewhere). Rumor has it that exactly the
same process issues take place in ISO and W3C processes ("I'm shocked!
Shocked!") but they take place behind closed doors, as it were

So, you can filter on subject lines, if you like. (However, consider
that if your organization wanted to have people become Invited Guests,
you might view this process issue as closer to a "core issue" than you
do now.

[David Holliday]
> I'd suggest you read Mark Twain's description of the Mississippi
> Pilot's Association; or, closer to home, the history of the DPMA.

Can you summarize for me? As a former humanities major, I'd love to
hear the Twain quote -- but as an editor, I don't have time to run it
down.

Thanks again, and I hope you'll be willing to contribute wireless
expertise to the list...

S.

=====
<!-- "To imagine a language is to imagine a form of life."
     - Ludwig Wittgenstein, Philosophical Investigations -->