Subject: [xtm-wg] Status of Core Deliverables document

One issue that will have to be decided very early on at the
Paris meeting is the status of the 1.0 Core Deliverables
document.

The document itself claims that it is not subject to any future
change:

 > The contents of this XTM 1.0 Core Deliverables document, including
 > the XTM 1.0 Document Type Definition (DTD), the XTM 1.0 Published
 > Subject Indicators (PSIs), and the XTM 1.0 Conformance clause,
 > represent portions of the XTM 1.0 Specification that are not
 > subject to any future change that would invalidate any XTM
 > document or XTM application that conforms to the syntactic and
 > other constraints that the DTD, the PSIs, and the Conformance
 > clause are intended to impose in order to guarantee reliable
 > interchange of Web-based topic map information in XML.

However, it is unclear whether this refers to this particular version
of the document, or the final 1.0 version (whenever it might be
delivered).

A number of the comments on the Review Specification urge (minor)
changes to the DTD which is also contained in the Core Specification,
so we really need to know at an early date whether the DTD is now
cast in stone or not.

Could the editors, and others, please make their position known?

Steve
--
Steve Pepper, Chief Technology Officer <pepper@ontopia.net>
Convenor, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 34/WG 3 (Information Association)