Subject: RE: [xtm-wg] Status of Core Deliverables document

[sam]
> > I would also like some consideration to be given to versioning
> > issues for the DTD, so that we can have discussions that include
the
> > idea that a change might not be possible for 1.0 but would be
> > possible and beneficial in 2.0 (for example).

[kal]
> Why put off till later what can be fixed now ?

Because "can be fixed" begs the question!

(1) In fact, consensus on what needs to be "fixed" may be hard to
achieve for a minor revision, but may be achievable for a major
revision.

(2) A "fix" may have costs to users and vendors that have to be
assessed.

(3) Sometimes one person says "broken" when they mean, "doesn't have a
function I need." The two statements are not equivalent.

S.

=====
<!-- "To imagine a language is to imagine a form of life."
     - Ludwig Wittgenstein, Philosophical Investigations -->