Subject: Re: [xtm-wg] Status of Core Deliverables document

[steve pepper]
> > Despite heroic efforts, the editing team (the Gang of Four):

[murray]
> Whether or not the remark was made in humour, I find it insulting and
> rather outrageous that the four editors of the XTM specification are
> being compared to radical members of the Chinese Communist Party.

Murray, I think Steve P must have been referring to a radical left
British rock band of the late '70s, a.k.a "The Gang of 4". (Frankly,
it's Madame Mao that I worry about being compared to -- even though I
am a fan of Peking Opera.)

Since I'm so socially inept, I might -- for one moment -- consider
taking it as a compliment that I am percieved as being part of a
"gang." This never happened in High School! But on reflection -- Not!

Let's just hope we don't continue in this vein through Paris -- if not
the GOF, then "The Clash" or even their album "Combat Rock."

To me, the focus of all our efforts should be -- "What can we do to
complete the entire spec, beyond Core, for delivery?" That's good for
us, and good for the world. A lot of people are waiting for us to
deliver. LET'S DO IT!

S.

=====
<!-- "To imagine a language is to imagine a form of life."
     - Ludwig Wittgenstein, Philosophical Investigations -->