Subject: [xtm-wg] MOTION: charter revision for section 3.3.2.1 on electronic voting

Eric suggests I withdraw my friendly amendment and resubmit which
I herewith do--

MOTION: Alter the text in section 3.3.2.1. of the TopicMaps.Org charter
to read:

3.3.2.1. Responding to Votes
Participating Members must transmit their votes to the TopicMaps.Org AG
list via email (or in person in the case of face-to-face meetings)
within the voting period specified in the call for vote.

The change is the addition of the word "list" after AG.

REASONING

This motion is intended to make email voting more face-to-face
like. Since voting may take place over an extended period, and people
can change their votes, it's nice to be able to track how the vote is
going.

This motion requires a 2/3 majority to pass. Ten (10) "YES" votes are
required for this motion to pass.

The voting period shall run from February 6, 2001 through February 14,
2001.

=====
<!-- "To imagine a language is to imagine a form of life."
     - Ludwig Wittgenstein, Philosophical Investigations -->

http://auctions.yahoo.com/

eGroups is now Yahoo! Groups
Click here for more details