Subject: Re: [xtm-wg] Nikita's comments

Steve, Chris,

[Steve]
> To avoid what you call "merging" (which it isn't, really), you
> would have to give them separate roles (e.g. "oldest son", "youngest
> son").

On the contrary I was arguing against the statement that
using members with the same <roleSpec> within an association forces
[Chris]
> implicitly merging all such member elements in an association
> into one member element

You are right, F.3.3 is dangerous.
It allows processing software to "unite" members with the same role
even if they have -id- on them and may be are
reified somewhere else in the document.

This is a very fragile moment and perhaps F.3.3 should be slightly
rephrased to reflect it.

May be this time I am paranoid
but the whole thing with
"eldest son",
"youngest son",
"second to eldest son",
"third to eldest son",
does not make much sense.

Thanks,

Nikita.

Nikita Ogievetsky                  Cogitech Inc
XML/XSLT/XLink/TopicMaps Consultant
nogievet@cogx.com   --   (917) 406-8734
http://www.cogx.com     Cogito Ergo XML