Subject: Re: [xtm-wg] What can I do with a Topic Map ?

Eric van der Vlist wrote:
> I am actively preparing a presentation for KT2001 in which I plan to end
> up showing how one can generate a XTM Topic Map from RDF/RSS 1.0
> channels

As member of the KT2001 advisory board and a track chair
I have to say that this is exactly the kind of
live-presentation we want to see at the conference:
"Topic Maps and RDF converge" as Tim Berners-Lee said
at XML 2000 in Washington.

> and I'd like to show something more lively than a snippet of
> XML code.

Right. Seeing is believing.

> Is there a tool somewhere that I could use to visualize my map
> (preferably on Linux or Windows 98) ?

You could use empolis K42 (free download of release 1.01
at http://www.empolis.co.uk). It supports XTM 1.0
(December 2000 version) and comes with an XML-driven
viewer (if you want to change the layout just change
the XSLT or CSS style).

See you in Austin, too!

Cheers,
--Holger