Subject: Re: [xtm-wg] Topic Naming Constraint question

Lars,

When I (as a person) am saying:

"XML Query Language is worth looking into"

How do you know which "XML Query Language"
am I talking about?  Unless I provide additional
qualifiers, you will never guess.
Same with XTM.
XTM is about the knowledge.
If outside of your <topicMap>
somebody addressed
a topic named "XML Query Language"
in your topic map of free XML tools,
which one he addressed?
And <baseName>s exist for addressing and identifying.
Seems that XTM produced by your script is
still an intermediate document, not XTM yet.

However I agree that this is a problem.
I also agree that mangling <scope> elements
is not very elegant (especially if you trust it to a machine:-)).

I previously suggested an alternative solution:
to allow combining names and occurrences together
in order to provide a unique handler.

eGroups is now Yahoo! Groups
Click here for more details
http://us.click.yahoo.com/kWP7PD/pYNCAA/4ihDAA/2n6YlB/TM