Subject: [xtm-wg] PSI for PSI definition

Suppose I want to declare that a topic I have included in a published TM is
intended to be used as a PSI. How do I do that ? I'd like to indicate
something like : "This topic is an instance of PSI and is intended to be
used as such. To avoid any ambiguity, when using it, please give the full
reference : namespace, scope and name".

I suppose I would create a permanent URL such as :
http://mydomain.org/myscope/mytopic.html
I'd like to have at this address something like :

<topic id="mydomain-myscope-mytopic">
      <instanceOf>
         <topicRef
xlink:href="http://www.topicmaps.org/xtm/1.0/core.xtm#psi.htm"/>
      </instanceOf>
      <subjectIdentity>
         <topicRef xlink:href="#mytopic-description"/>
      </subjectIdentity>
      <baseName>
         <scope>
            <subjectIndicatorRef
xlink:href="http://mydomain.org/myscope/index.htm"/>
         </scope>
         <baseNameString>mydomain-myscope-myname</baseNameString>
      </baseName>
      <occurrence>
         <resourceData id="mytopic-description">
                The Subject of the Topic defined under this Domain by this
Name and this Scope
           </resourceData>
      </occurrence>
   </topic>

But there is a flaw there :
http://www.topicmaps.org/xtm/1.0/core.xtm#psi.htm does not exist.

What I'd be happy with would be that such an address exist, along with the
other existing PSI, and to find there something like the following. (with
addition of the necessary language scope element)

<topic id="psi">
       <subjectIdentity>
         <subjectIndicatorRef xlink:href="#psi-description"/>
      </subjectIdentity>
      <baseName>
         <baseNameString>psi</baseNameString>
      </baseName>
      <occurrence>
         <resourceData id="psi-description">
The core concept of Published Subject Indicator. The class of all topics
defined and published at permanent addresses to be used as Published Subject
Indicators.
        </resourceData>
      </occurrence>
</topic>

Without such a binding point, it's impossible to declare in a standard way
"this is intended to be a PSI", and "that is not". And without this
distinction, just *any* address will be used as a PSI, and it's going to be
*very* messy.

Comments welcome.

Bernard

Secure your servers with 128-bit SSL encryption!
Grab your copy of VeriSign's FREE Guide,
"Securing Your Web site for Business." Get it now!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/4cW4jC/e.WCAA/bT0EAA/2n6YlB/TM