Subject: [xtm-wg] Re: A challenge on "the graph"

I like this idea, and in particular I like the agreement between Lars
and Nikita...

Now of course we need notations for both levels, unless the ASR can
be expressed in Infoset-like terms?

S.

> Lars wrote:
> > * Nikita Ogievetsky
> > |
> > | My point is that PM should tell you
> > | WHAT should happen, not HOW it should happen.
> >
> > Agreed.
> >
> > | It should not try to explain the second "=>" (arrow) in the
graph
> bellow.
> > | Syntax => PM => Application Specific Representation (ASR)
> >
> > Agreed again.
> >
> > | And your responsibility as a developer
> > | is to ensure that your software can safely travel this round
trip
> > | and return to some Syntax':
> > |
> > | Syntax => PM => ASR =>PM => Syntax'
> > |
> > | Where Syntax and Syntax' are not necessarily the same
> > | but the constraint is that given any other conformant ASR",
> > | both Syntax and Syntax' should be serialized to the same
Syntax".

> > | Syntax => PM => ASR" =>PM => Syntax"
> > | Syntax' => PM => ASR" =>PM => Syntax"
> >
> > Agreed yet again.
> >
> > | Wow!
> > | This looks like a beginning of a processing algebra to me :-)
> >
> > Looks like common sense to me. :-)
> >
> > | May be we should introduce a notion of "Universal ASR" ?
> > | And may be this is what actually Lars have in mind when
referring to PM.

> > It is, in the sense that I think the PM should be the
requirements on
> > all ASRs and how they are built from XTM documents.
>
> Great!
> I guess that all of the following should be described:
>
> - PM which can be in a classical graph notation.
> - ASR (which probably can be expressed as infoset? )
> - CM
> - Syntax
> and mappings between them:
>
> PM  --  ASR
>  |           |
> CM -- Syntax
>

> --Nikita.

> Nikita Ogievetsky               Cogitech Inc
> XML/XSLT/XLink/TopicMaps   Consultant
> nogievet@c...   --   (917) 406-8734
> http://www.cogx.com     Cogito Ergo XML

Do you have 128-bit SSL encryption server security?
Get VeriSign's FREE Guide, "Securing Your
Web Site for Business." Get it now!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/EVNB7A/c.WCAA/bT0EAA/2n6YlB/TM