Subject: Re: [xtm-wg] A challenge on "the graph"

Sam:
> Yes, Nikita, I'd certainly like to hear more on the ASR, as you call
> it.

Lars:
> The ASR can be infoset-like. After all, my intent was that that was
> what the PM should be, an ASR. What the other level is for I'd like to
> be enlightened on.

Lars, you keep asking this question.
I guess my answers so far where not satisfactory.
Let me try again.

ASR and PM will be used by potentially different people.

Implementors will need to know ASR
Experts who create ASR will need to know PM
ASR-s can be different for different software implementations,
that is why I was suggesting the notion of "Universal ASR"
which needs a separate specification, may be "infoset-like".

Here is a great metaphor
(at least it seams to great me right now as I just thought of it :-))

ASR is the anatomical atlas,
PM is the DNA

Let us say you are Dr. Frankenstein, then
anatomical atlas is sufficient.
(actually king Pygmalion needed even less :-))
However if you want things to work without
magic, you better learn DNA.

That's my thought.

--Nikita.

Nikita Ogievetsky               Cogitech Inc
XML/XSLT/XLink/TopicMaps   Consultant
nogievet@cogx.com   --   (917) 406-8734
http://www.cogx.com     Cogito Ergo XML

Secure your servers with 128-bit SSL encryption!
Grab your copy of VeriSign's FREE Guide,
"Securing Your Web site for Business." Get it now!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/4cW4jC/e.WCAA/bT0EAA/2n6YlB/TM