Subject: Re: AW: [xtm-wg] A challenge on "the graph"

* Martin Lacher

| Would RDF be a suitable formalism to describe the topic maps data
| model

I think it might work, although I fear that it would lead us into the
direction that SRN went with his PM, and that we will end up in the
same kind of soup where everything is propertyless nodes with arcs.
(I might well be wrong, though.)

The main problem would be that RDF is probably no better known than
groves, and I'm not sure if any of us in the community really
understands it.

I think if you want to give this idea a fair hearing, the best you can
do is to prepare a simple example model of two or three RDF classes.

--Lars M.

Do you have 128-bit SSL encryption server security?
Get VeriSign's FREE Guide, "Securing Your
Web Site for Business." Get it now!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/2cW4jC/c.WCAA/bT0EAA/2n6YlB/TM