Subject: Re: [xtm-wg] A challenge on "the graph"

* Lars Marius Garshol

| Who are these experts, and what is it the PM gives them that the ASR
| and the CM does not?

* Nikita Ogievetsky

| Well ... you are an expert who want to define the Universal ASR or an ASR
| specific for Ontopia.

I have, with others, done the last part, and I do want to do the first
part, yes.

| You should be creating ASR-s with PM in mind.

Why? This is the answer it seems you can't give me. What is the value
of the PM? What is it it gives us? As an implementor making an ASR,
what will the PM give me that the UASR specification will not?

| PM is sort-of a "binary" CM
| (U)ASR is mappable to PM which is mappable to CM
| and so ASR is mappable to CM.
| What can be simpler?

To leave out what you call the PM entirely.

--Lars M.

Secure your servers with 128-bit SSL encryption!
Grab your copy of VeriSign's FREE Guide,
"Securing Your Web site for Business." Get it now!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/KVNB7A/e.WCAA/bT0EAA/2n6YlB/TM