Subject: Re: [xtm-wg] Question: Graphing Tool Advice

W. Eliot Kimber asks -

> I want to build a little Java applet that uses graphs to visualize the
> hyperlinks in a hyperdocument (I now have a CORBA-exposed generic
> hyperdocument management system running so I can easily access the
> hyperdocuments on the server through Java clients).
>
> Can someone point me to a Java toolkit that will allow me to construct
> graphs programmatically through an API? I have looked at the grappa tool
> from AT&T and the Royere tool but I'm looking for stuff that is simpler
> or more stable. Also, it needs to work with the Sun 1.2.2 JVM.

Not exactly what you were asking for, but you might take a look at SGF:

http://www.isl.hiroshima-u.ac.jp/projects/SGF/index.html

XGMML looks like it would do what you want, but I'm not clear about toolkits
for it:

http://www.cs.rpi.edu/~puninj/XGMML/

There's also the Graph Template Library, which is C++ but has a java
interface:

http://www.infosun.fmi.uni-passau.de/GTL/

It includes a scriptable viewer (uses tcl/TK for scripting).  Check it out.

Cheers,

Tom P

Find software faster. Search more than 20,000
software solutions on KnowledgeStorm. Register
now and get started.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ee3V2C/RNSCAA/2h4EAA/2n6YlB/TM