Subject: Re: [xtm-wg] XTM Processing Model - alternative proposal

> * Lars Marius Garshol
> |
> | This approach has been chosen in order to avoid the problem
> inherent
> | in any formalism: that the formalism must first be learned.
>
> * Sam Hunting
> |
> | To me, this is like saying that XML would be easier to learn if
> | there were no angle brackets.
>
> Is this your only comment?

So far. As I said in a private mail, my stupid mailer is truncating the
document. When I get it the full document, I will review it in full.

> | Instead of "throwing the baby out with the bath water," wouldn't it
> | be more appropriate to insist that any formalism be easy to learn
> | and use?
>
> Maybe. Such an insistence would look strange in the processing model,
> however.

I don't see why. I use the productions in XML all the time as a
teaching tool, and also to check and test conformance.

S.

=====
<!-- "To imagine a language is to imagine a form of life."
     - Ludwig Wittgenstein, Philosophical Investigations -->

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

Do you have 128-bit SSL encryption server security?
Get VeriSign's FREE Guide, "Securing Your
Web Site for Business." Get it now!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/2cW4jC/c.WCAA/bT0EAA/2n6YlB/TM