Subject: Re: [xtm-wg] TopicMaps.Org & OASIS

I support the move to OASIS.

I've not been so far, as an individual, an OASIS member, but I hope to be
able to participate in the future work as a Mondeca representative. I'm very
happy to see the community move on towards this "mature" reorganization,
both OASIS and ISO being natural supports now for our moving forward to
credibility and efficiency of the standard development.

Bernard

bernard.vatant@mondeca.com
Mondeca - "Making Sense of Content"
www.mondeca.com

> As requested at the Austin meeting, Steve Pepper and I met with Laura
> Walker, Executive Director of OASIS, to discuss how TopicMaps.org and
OASIS
> might be able to fit together.  This note provides a synopsis of the
> discussions.
>
> For those not familiar with OASIS (formerly SGML Open), it is a consortium
> of vendors and users of open standards, including SGML, XML, and CGM.
There