Subject: Re: [xtm-wg] New language.xtm and country.xtm proposals

* Murray Altheim

| [...] the group must now decide between the ones I've authored and
| these new ones.

Not so. It would be perfectly reasonable for the group to pick the
best aspects of each topic map to create the best possible end
product.

| Since my revised language and country topic maps do everything that
| Lars Marius' does (as far as I can see),

Not everything. I would guess that they don't actually state that
German is a language, and that they do not provide a PSI for the
concepts of countries and languages.

| [...] doesn't do things I disagree with (such as remove the
| necessary 'xml:base' attribute

Could you explain why it is necessary?

| [...] or make the XTM DTD URI absolute, which will just cause
| parsing headaches),

Could you explain how that causes parsing headaches worse than a
system identifier pointing to a non-existent local file? I'm not dead
set on the one approach or the other, but I would like to know the
reasoning behind yours before agreeing or disagreeing with it.

--Lars M.

Secure your servers with 128-bit SSL encryption! Grab your copy of VeriSign's FREE Guide: "Securing Your Web Site for Business." Get it Now!
http://www.verisign.com/cgi-bin/go.cgi?a=n094442340008000
http://us.click.yahoo.com/n7RbFC/zhwCAA/yigFAA/2U_rlB/TM