Subject: Re: [topicmaps-comment] RE: Let's introduce ! [Re: test of OASIS list]

Lars Marius Garshol,

Development manager at Ontopia, a topic map software vendor.

Have been working with SGML and XML since January 1997, mainly as a
consulting, but also did some open source work in Python. Have been
looking seriously at topic maps since some time in the autumn of 1999.

Currently one of the editors of the ISO Topic Map Query Language, as
well as the topic map data model.

* James David Mason

| [...] the technical terms in Old Norse are "vargr" [wolf/werewolf]
| and "aptrgongumağr" [one who walks afterwards] or "draugr" [what
| Tolkien calls a "barrow-wight"])

For a moment there I thought you were confused, but this page shows
that you are not.

In modern Norwegian folklore the "draug" has turned into a dead sailor
with seaweed for a head, sailing half a boat, returned to haunt the
living. He will drag anyone he can into the deep, can only be seen at
sea in storm, and legend has it that if you see or hear him death is
near, to you or someone near you.

The point of this exercise of course being to make it clear to anyone
new to the community that we are all half-mad. :-)

--Lars M.