Subject: [topicmaps-comment] Introduction

Hi all,

I am
- a PhD student at Technische Universitaet Muenchen (close to finishing
thank god)
- currently a visitor at Stanford University, working in the Ontoagents
Semantic Web project (http://www-db.stanford.edu/OntoAgents/), which is part
of the DARPA DAML effort
- writing my thesis about ontology based information management in
Communities of Interest
- interested in Topic Maps as a knowledge representation formalism
- also interested in other KR formalisms and how they relate to TMs
- further interested in Semantic Web stuff
- sharing Leo Obrst's opinion that a formal logic basis for TMs might be
useful
- more often a reader of this list than an active participant
- happy that I went to Extreme 2001 and met some of the "waist up half Topic
Mad people" ;-)

Martin