Subject: Re: [topicmaps-comment] RE: [sc34wg3] I need a map to follow thepostings!

[Michel Biezunski]

> I think the policy should be that whatever is a subject of
> general interest for the topic map community should go
> to the general interest topic map mailing list, while the two
> other lists, sc34 and topicmaps-comment should be devoted,
> and exclusively used for, the work currently being done by
> the corresponding committee(s).
>
> If we do not follow that rule, then we're going to exclude most
> of the readers who want to be informed on what's going on
> about conceptual, strategic or even technical aspects of topic
> maps and are not actively involved in a work of such of such
> committee, which is why the specialized mailing lists exist.

A problem that I'm having is that I am no longer sure which list I am on.  I
used to know, but lately there are so many different lists in the addresses
and cc fields that I can't tell when I reply which one is the right one.  I
try hard to reply to only one address no matter how many are in the headers
of the post I'm responding to (in other words, I don't just hit the "reply"
button), but sometimes I forget and thereby add to the noise myself.  Also,
I don't like to get the same post several times because the poster did not
edit the address fields.

I ***think*** I'm on topicmaps-comment, the OASIS list I got moved to when
the old WG list changed over.

Cheers,

Tom P