Subject: Re: [topicmaps-comment] TAO vs. ERA

[Kal Ahmed]

> Taking the first match is something that I often do when displaying topics
> as well. However, sometimes it is better to present all strings (which are
> in scope) as different users give the same subject different names - and
so
> they will be looking for the concept under their name for it, not yours.
>
> That is kind of the whole point of having multiple base names, right ;-)

I think of this as a user interface issue - how can you present all these
different names and still have things be readable and workable?  Actually, I
think that a lot of topic map-related things are user interface issues.
Once I start constructing maps that make more use of multiple names, I'll
probably look harder at it.

Cheers,

Tom P