Subject: Re: [topicmaps-comment] topicmaps.org namespace,and ISO 13250 XT M ( Re: referring to a topic from outside a TM )

* James David Mason

| Bernard has hit on something we need to take care of on both the ISO
| and OASIS sides of the house. We need stable sources for texts. The
| following addresses the ISO side.

Well, it addresses ISO 13250:2000, but not the other specifications
that are currently being written. It would be nice if there were an
official location to which drafts could be posted, and where new
drafts (and final versions) could overwrite the previous versions as
they become available.

Using the isotopicmaps.org domain might be one way to do this.

Or, did you, when you said "stable sources for texts" mean stable
documents, as opposed to stable locations for them? I think we need
both. The SC34 registry works fine as it is, but it would be nice to
have stable locations for actual standards texts in addition to the
document registry.