Subject: Re: [topicmaps-comment] mapping topic maps on a relation database

At 13:35 19/04/02 +0000, Murray Altheim wrote:

>I can either manually include them or see if I've implemented
>mergemap (can't remember), but upon merging these four documents,
>do you know if any topic or association merges take place?

Not as far as I remember. If you are going to include these manually,
remember you'll need to change the URIs...

An easier solution if you need a non-modularized XTM version of this topic
map is to use the Omnigator to load the HYTM version and then use its
Export plug-in to export to XTM. You lose the comments and don't have
control over the order of the elements, but that shouldn't be a problem for
your purposes.

>Also, I'm not familiar with the *.xtmp and *.xtmm extensions. Hmm?

There are no standard extensions for topic maps. At Ontopia we generally
use ".xtm" and ".htym", but I had my own reasons for using .xtmm (XTM
module) and .xtmp (XTM template) for topic maps whose only purpose in life
is to be merged into something else.

Steve

--
Steve Pepper, Chief Executive Officer <pepper@ontopia.net>
Convenor, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC34/WG3  Editor, XTM (XML Topic Maps)