Subject: Re: [topicmaps-comment] mapping topic maps on a relation database

[Danny Ayers]

> Is the source (XTM?) data available?

Which one, Opera?  I can send it.  My version has some CIA Factbook topics
added in (don't ask!), but that doesn't really change anything.

> I'd also very much like to hear what kind of things you found good/bad in
> respect of visualising TMs with TG.

I'll have to reconstruct what I did - its been several months.  I could send
you some screen shots - offline, perhaps, because I don't want to abuse the
list with too many attachments.  Does anyone know what the list's policy on
attachments is?  I generally frown on them, but sometimes there's a place.

> I'm working on some graph visualisation stuff, and one target I want to go
> for soon is the TM.

Considering how far I got with a simple stylesheet, not even programming to
TG, I think there is some real promise.  But when there are a lot of topics,
it's a matter of experiment, not just intuition, to learn how to get value
from it.

There's also the question of edge labels, which it does not natively have
(don't know what hooks it has, though).  They would be desirable to show
roles.

Cheers,

Tom P