Subject: Re: [topicmaps-comment] OpenCyc and Topic Maps: Progress Report

Murray Altheim wrote:

> Quite easy. The work I did on this reified each Cyc constant as a
> topic, and used the absolute URL of the Cyc HTML documentation as
> a subject indicator, so one could consider either the reified topic
> or the original HTML ID as a suitable PSI. I asked Doug Lenat and
> he said that the Cyc Upper Ontology web documentation IDs are stable.

I agree--these URLs would seem to be quite appropriate for PSIs. It
would be easy for a topic map importer to parse out the constant name in
order to do actually hook up with constants in the working KB.

BTW, I have gotten as far as having running Java code that talks to a
Cyc server. Now I just have to start writing the import process....

Cheers,

E.
--
W. Eliot Kimber, eliot@isogen.com