Subject: Re: [topicmaps-comment] Re: [topicmapmail] XML Schema for XTM DTD

On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 12:19:46AM +0100, Lars Marius Garshol wrote:
> | Lets say that I want to add a couple more attributes from another
> | namespace to instanceOf element. I can't see any way how it can be
> | done at the moment.
>
> You can do it easily, as Tony says, but no topic map implementation
> will support it.

Minor modification:

"...no topic map implementation can directly support it natively".

If you are lucky, though, the implementation provides techniques like
a SAX parser for XTM. Here you can either subclass the parser and add
your semantics to it. Or, you can create a SAX pipeline in which you
handle your attributes before the SAX-XTM parser.

But I agree with Lars that you should trick to stick to the TM
paradigm as long as possible.

\rho