Subject: Re: [topicmaps-comment] Re: [topicmapmail] XML Schema for XTM DTD

Robert,

One more slight modification, ;-)

Robert Barta wrote:
On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 12:19:46AM +0100, Lars Marius Garshol wrote:

| Lets say that I want to add a couple more attributes from another
| namespace to instanceOf element. I can't see any way how it can be
| done at the moment.

You can do it easily, as Tony says, but no topic map implementation
will support it.

Minor modification:

"...no topic map implementation can directly support it natively".

Modified slightly more: ....no solely XTM topic map implementation can directly support it natively.

<snip>
But I agree with Lars that you should trick to stick to the TM
paradigm as long as possible.

For ease in going from one XTM implementation to another, the value of following the XTM syntax cannot be doubted.

However, it should be noted that: XTM syntax != TM paradigm. (You can check ISO 13250 if you are curious about other syntaxes for topic maps.)

Patrick
--
Patrick Durusau
Director of Research and Development