Subject: Re: [topicmaps-comment] Re: [topicmapmail] XML Schema for XTM DTD

[Robert Barta]

> > > It's http://www.topicmaps.org/xtm/1.0/.
> > >

> > The normative DTD in the XTM 1.0 Spec says the namespace URI is
> >
> > http://www.topicMaps.org/xtm/1.0/
> >
> > Which one is the typo?
>
> To my knowledge a namespace identifier is either a URN or a URL. In
> case of a URL the capitalization of the machine part is not relevant.
>
> [ RFC 2396 ] Section 6.

 True when used as a resource address, but namespace URIs are compared on a
character-by-character exact match basis __for namespace purposes__, and the
two do not produce the same results - one will work and the other will not
work (with an xslt processor, for example, or most other standard name-space
aware xml processors).

I think the all-lower case version is the one that is mostly in use out
there.  Does anyone know if there are many (or any) exceptions?

Cheers,

Tom P