Subject: [UK] UKRI Cloud Workshop: Call for Participation

Dear all,

I hope your holidays were enjoyably relaxing and I wish you all the best in this New Year. I’m not too sure how many of you are based in the UK, but if you are, please consider submitting a short 200-word abstract to the annual UKRI Cloud Workshop planned for the end of March in London. Full details of the call are below. Any questions or comments are most welcome.

We are pleased to announce that the Call for Participation for the UKRI Cloud Workshop is now open for our next workshop on March 29th 2022, which is planned to be an in-person event with the option for live streaming online attendance. Unfortunately, we may not be able to accommodate virtual speakers for this event. As with previous events, we are looking forward to a varied programme from the UK research community covering all aspects of research computing using cloud (both public and private) and expect a mix of technical talks, with researchers reporting on their use of cloud technologies. We aim to have a diverse set of viewpoints represented at this workshop and encourage individuals and institutions of all backgrounds (for example academic, technical, business, or user experience) to apply.

Call for Participation
The six proposed workshop themes are HPC, Cloud Pilots & User Experiences, Hybrid Cloud, UKRI & Trusted Environments, COVID & Cloud and Performance/ResOps, although submissions outside of these areas are also welcome. Talk sessions are typically 20 minutes and should include time for questions.

The deadline for submissions is 17th January. The Cloud Working Group will review the submissions and we’ll let successful submitters know by 31st January. You can find details about the submission process and the workshop topics online at
https://cloud.ac.uk/2021/12/02/ukri-cloud-workshop-2022-call-for-participation/  On behalf of the UKRI Cloud Workshop Organising Committee #cloudwg

Best regards,

Jay

---

James DesLauriers MSc AFHEA

Lecturer

School of Computer Science and Engineering

University of Westminster

Tel: 020 7911 5000 ext. 66113

Email: j.deslauriers@westminster.ac.uk

The University of Westminster is a charity and a company limited by guarantee. Registration number: 977818 England. Registered Office: 309 Regent Street, London W1B 2HW.

This message and its attachments are private and confidential. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and remove it and its attachments from your system.