Subject: RE: [tosca] Proposal for requirement "occurrences"

Youâre visualizing whatever graph youâre working with:

  • If youâre visualizing a design (e.g. the Cloudnet demo) then youâre visualizing a topology template graph that consists of node templates
  • If youâre visualizing a service instance (that is ready to be activated or has been activated) then youâre visualizing a topology representation graphs that consists of node representations.

Chris

From: Tal Liron <tliron@redhat.com>
Sent: Monday, February 7, 2022 9:10 AM
To: Chris Lauwers <lauwers@ubicity.com>
Cc: Calin Curescu <calin.curescu@ericsson.com>; tosca@lists.oasis-open.org

On Mon, Feb 7, 2022 at 11:06 AM Chris Lauwers <lauwers@ubicity.com> wrote:

I no longer have a working visualizer (not enough time to keep everything up to date) but I used to show:

  • Nodes as the vertices of the graph
  • Relationships as the edges of the graph
  • Capabilities and requirements as the âportsâ on nodes that âterminateâ the relationships.

Thanks, but I'm more interested in how it relates to our discussion of the topology only being present at the "moment of deployment" and consisting of node representations. If you're not actually deploying anything, then what is being visualized exactly? Is it a "simulation" or "dry run"? Are the vertexes you see visualized simulations of what the node representation would be, or something else?