Subject: Re: [ubl-csc] Minutes 28 May CSC Meeting

In accordance with the AI I got from this and previous meetings, here's a
very short paper describing what to do regarding names' conventions.

I'm sending it in OpenOffice format. Mark, I will send you it's equivalent
in .doc format in a separate email.

Thanks!

CRAWFORD, Mark wrote:
> [...]
> Sue Probert			Regrets
> Mavis Cournane		Regrets
> Gunther Stuhec		Absent
>
> We have quorum and proceed formally.
>
> 2. Approve Agenda - approved with changes (added items 7 and 8)
>
> 3.  Approve Minutes of Last Meeting - Deferred until next week
>
> 4.  Discuss means for UBL formal expression of condolence to Adcock Family.  General consensus that Jon will prepare letter to family in behalf of the entire UBL TC and we will include an "in memoriam" statement in the final specification.
>
> Action - Lisa to send Jon family address.
> Action - Jon to draft letter
> Action - Jon to raise issue of 'in memoriam" to TC at appropriate time.
>
> 5. Charter Revision Status - Lisa collected Charter, made some minor revisions and sent it out.  Eduardo is only commenter to date.  Tim misunderstood which charter we were referring to.  We have clarified that it is the UBL charter.  We had some general discussion regarding the reason for making some changes.  It was agreed that we would give everyone until Monday to provide inputs to Lisa.
>
> Action - all chairs review charter and submit recommended changes to Lisa by close of business 2 June.
> Action - Lisa to send proposed draft to CSC list by COB 3 June.
>
> 6. File Naming Status - Eduardo has not had a chance to finish his paper on this subject. Anticipate seeing before next Wednesday.
>
> Action - Eduardo to finish paper and post by 3 June.
> 7. Montreal Venue - Tim is aware we are trying to piggyback with extreme markup and wondered about discounts.  Jon had raised the question regarding hotel discounts, but has not received a reply.  Meeting will be in same hotel.  Mark and Stig are to bring projectors.  Jon to put a standard paragraph on the next announcement regarding equipment.
>
> Action - Jon to draft reminder statement regarding personal meeting equipment for inclusion in all future meeting announcements.
>
> 8. Schedule Changes - Tim believes it is fairly clear under the current circumstances to get the release out next week for review by RosettaNet and eGov.  Tim believes we need an additional 7 days.  This will add a week to Ken's work.  It takes some pressure off of NDR.  FPSC will not be doing Stylesheets, but focusing on formatting specifications for the zero point eight release.  Ken is concerned that trying to include Stylesheets will bloat the release package.  Ken proposed having pointers to the Stylesheets.  Eduardo and Jon opined that we really want as much as possible in the releases, however zero point eight is really a limited release.  Jon believes there are two issues - 1) should they exist, and 2) should they be included in the package.  Ken pointed out that the formatting specification is normative, whereas the stylesheet is not.  Ken will need to start over with zero point eight because of the new conventions.  Jon proposes that 1) let us think about when we
can send the data models out to reviewers and 2) we take the schedule (spreadsheet) and start operating on it in this group.  In other words, lets make the CSC responsible for management of/changes to the spreadsheet.  We had some general discussion on Kavi and determined there is a mechanism to keep track of versioning, but there is no mechanism for managing check-in and check-out.  Tim believes there needs to be an owner.  After discussion, we agreed that Lisa would act as the owner/gatekeeper.  If a chair needs to revise the schedule, they will contact Lisa and request check-out.  When finished, they will send to Lisa for check-in.  Lisa will handle the notifications.  Tim will make first cut at changes and send to Lisa for initial posting.

--
Eduardo Gutentag               |         e-mail: eduardo.gutentag@Sun.COM
Web Technologies and Standards |         Phone:  +1 510 550 4616 x31442

ubl-gutentag-nameconventions-0.1.sxw