Subject: Re: [ubl-csc] Minutes 28 May CSC Meeting

At 2003-06-03 10:45 -0700, Eduardo Gutentag wrote:
>In accordance with the AI I got from this and previous meetings, here's a
>very short paper describing what to do regarding names' conventions.

Just to clarify one example in this summary, the given example (f) uses a
non-ISO format for date that is ambiguous between American and Commonwealth
countries ... looking at Eve's document that is linked, she appears to be
using the unambiguous YYYYMMDD format for dates.

Is it the contributor's responsibility to use the naming conventions, or do
we as a committee undertake to use these conventions for our own
documents?  If the contributor doesn't use the conventions, is the
committee obliged to change the contributor's filename?

BTW, the XML link in Eve's document is broken ... I wanted to see what
document model she was using.

............ Ken

p.s. does it make sense to note in these guidelines my observation recorded
in http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-csc/200305/msg00026.html
regarding the naming of files to make them publicly addressable?

--
Upcoming hands-on courses: (registration still open!)
-      (XSLT/XPath and/or XSL-FO) North America: June 16-20, 2003

G. Ken Holman                mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com
Crane Softwrights Ltd.         http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/
Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0   +1(613)489-0999 (F:-0995)
ISBN 0-13-065196-6                      Definitive XSLT and XPath
ISBN 0-13-140374-5                              Definitive XSL-FO
ISBN 1-894049-08-X  Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath
ISBN 1-894049-11-X              Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO
Member of the XML Guild of Practitioners:    http://XMLGuild.info
Male Breast Cancer Awareness http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc