ubl-dev message

Subject: RE: [ubl-dev] The announcement of RELAX NG Schema library for UBL 1.0 Beta

Hiroshi,
  Thanks for doing this... It will give me the opportunity to investigate
UBL for our B2B exchange, once I convert to the RelaxNG Compact Syntax!  :)
  I hope the UBL committees add your work to their document set.

  Fantastic!

Tom

-----Original Message-----
From: Hiroshi Naito [mailto:naitoh@is.oit.ac.jp]
Sent: Thursday, March 18, 2004 1:33 AM
To: ubl-dev@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [ubl-dev] The announcement of RELAX NG Schema library for UBL 1.0
Beta

Hello ubl-dev,

Universal Business Language (UBL) is a standard library of XML business
documents and reusable components for building XML business documents
developed by the OASIS UBL TC. At The current version (1.0 beta), UBL's
schemas are described with W3C XML Schema (XSD). But it is important that
the UBL schema design is independent of specific Schema language in order to
maximize the tools available to developers. We are developing the UBL schema
library using RELAX NG.
The RELAX NG schema library are generated from XSD schemas and spreadsheets
in UBL 1.0 beta package using Java, Perl, and XSLT.

When we design RELAX NG schemas, we consider the next things.

1. The interoperability at XML instances level: An instance document which
validates against UBL XSD schemas must be validate against UBL RELAX NG
schemas. And an instance document which fails to validate against UBL XSD
schemas must fail to validate against UBL RELAX NG schemas.

2. The Structure of XML Schemas: XSD schemas and RELAX NG schemas has same
file structures and a set of globally-referened components.

We also examine schema language dependencies at UBL schema design from the
next point of view.

1. The interoperability at XML instance level.
2. The interoperability at XML application level.
3. The easy translation to another schema language.
4. The reusability of schema.

We release RELAX NG schema library for UBL 1.0 beta for public discussion.

http://www.is.oit.ac.jp/~naitoh/server/reserch/ubl/RELAXNG040209.zip
(180k bytes)

We hope your questions and comments for any kind.

-----
Hiroshi Naito, Osaka Institute of Technology <http://www.oit.ac.jp/>